Pocket C.H.I.P and Pico-8

Hello again readers!


I am back and with a new toy that I bought to tinker with. What I am talking about is the Pocket Chip, a little device that utilises the Single Board Computer called C.H.I.P which is very similar to the Raspberry Pi in both price and functionality.


The beauty of the Pocket C.H.I.P is that it turns the C.H.I.P into a portable PC with it’s keyboard, battery and touch screen. It also has GPOI breakouts for those who want to dabble in electronics.

Pocket C.H.I.P


Included in Pocket C.H.I.P’s linux operating system is an application called a sic “fantasy console for making, sharing and playing tiny games and other computer programs.“




Pico-8 Editor


The interesting thing about this Fantasy Console/Game Engine is that it has carefully chosen limitations(such as lines of code capped at 8192) in order to inspire simple and creative games/applications.


Being a developer and a fan of games, I want to embark on learning how to use this game engine and share my experiences and knowledge to you the reader. Join me in the next blog where I explain the basics to help you get started in making your own game!



トンガルマンWebサイト
https://tongullman.co.jp/index.php
facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Tongullman

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿